G-STIC is the key meeting place and global platform for market-ready integrated technological solutions that have the potential to contribute to the achievement of the SDGs.
G-STIC aims to catalyze processes for better harnessing sustainable technologies and innovation to achieve the SDGs by 2030, and improve human well-being and prosperity. A gathering of stakeholder from science and technology and innovation communities public and private sectors, NGOs and CSOs.
An Agency of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, vested with the mandate of training and developing middle-to-high level manpower and conducting policy research in the areas of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) management for all tiers of government and the private sector.
G-STIC is guided by an International Advisory Committee composed of more than 30 senior representatives from United Nations (UN) agencies and participating expert institutes in the G-STIC thematic clusters or more cross-cutting themes. The Committee is responsible for advising the co-hosts on the strategy and preparation of the conference as a whole.
National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM) is a Co-Host of the G-STIC 2019.
· Identification, development and deployment of innovative solutions to critical development and sustainability challenges in Nigeria
· Increased mobilization of exploration of innovative solutions for sustainable development in Nigeria
· Stimulation of youth-inclusive innovation.
· Increased partnership and collaborations for sustainable development solutions
· Prospects for accessing funding support for deployment of innovative solutions in Nigeria.
· Prospects for accessing climate change funding and technology support for climate resilient solutions.